“The 49th Hour” First Feature Script

I heard the term “brain-slivers” recently in reference to something you can’t get out of your head.  There are couple of film ideas that have been my personal brain-slivers so late last year I decided to take a break from social media and dig for the sliver in order to get one out of my head.

This brain-sliver is called: The 49th Hour and it is my first feature length script.

Log Line: A trouble man gathers a group of to make a movie on a cross country road trip as a way to ignore his current life crisis.

Genres: Comedy, Road Trip, Coming of Age, Underdog Story

Expected MPAA Rating: hard PG-13 or a soft R for language.

It is written and almost well formatted.  I think it has a lot of structural problems but it’s an easy read.  A side goal was to write something that I could potentially put a team together and produce.  I don’t know if I will but it is definitely achievable with my current resources.

My next step is to enjoy it being out of my head and on the page for a few months then come back to it and see if it’s anything I want to pursue.  Open to any feedback.

Bonus cringe points with celebration and additional thoughts video below.





Comments