Vanity Plate - Kazoo 48 Hour Film Festival 2023

 


Did I really not make anything in the year 2022?  Shame on me.  

The trend almost continued into 2023... but despite it being a bad week with very low response from my team and horrible weather: I made it happen.

I say I because it was only me behind and in front of the camera.  I was listening to the Fort Minor Song "Remember the Name"  and it kind of fit the vibes I was giving myself cranking this out.  

Vanity Plate

I have an FWF Pictures vanity plate on my crappy car.  I think there is a better movie to be made about it but this is what I got.  You have the home owner posturing as a "man of the house" and a runner trying to force himself into success.  They run into each other and learn get a small amount of perspective before the whole thing ends in bloodshed (as many of my movies do because I don't have the time or energy for a natural conclusion).


I'm fine with how it turned out.  The audio isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be considering it was filmed during a terrible storm.  Another set of hands or someone to act against would have improved the final product greatly but it was a fun challenge.  Also because I didn't have any other schedules to work around I could be very efficient.  I think I shot both sides in under 2 hours combined and editing was probably 4-5 hours.  

Comments